Mr Curtis Class Blog

Sharing Our Learning Adventure @ Castel Primary School

01 November

‘Boy Overboard’ – Morris Gleitzman

This week, we have started reading and studying ‘Boy Overboard’ by Morris Gleitzman. In it, there is a character called Yusuf who is football-mad and who has lost a leg in a landmine accident.

Take a look at this picture. How does it make you feel and what does it tell you about the world that some children live in?

7 Responses to “‘Boy Overboard’ – Morris Gleitzman”

1. sophie says:

This picture makes me feel quite sad.Because i
    know that other children have to live with this
    for there life.It tells me that other children Aren’t treated how they should be treated.It also makes me feel really lucky because Guernsey is a really safe place to live in.

2. Max says:

This picture is sad to see what happens around the world. E.g. in places like Syria, India,
    Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan. This picture make
    me feel sad because these people have done nothing wrong and it also makes me feel lucky because me and other people that live in peaceful, calm country’s or islands are more safe
    then them in that live in Afghanistan, Iran,
    Syria, India, Pakistan

3. Olivia says:

This photo makes me feel sad because of the accident he has been in but I also feel glad that he can still enjoy his favorite sports and it makes me aware of the things might of gone through.

4. leahtorode says:

So far I’m really enjoying boy overboard it has so much drama and really makes me think. If I could change the story so far,it would be to have more action. Personally I don’t really like the story and would rate it 3 out of 5 star not my favorite.I don’t like sad story’s and would not read it my self. Its interesting to read as a class

5. Lucy.G says:

This makes me feel lucky that I don’t live in a world that almost every day there is a risk of getting killed by a land mine or diseases you might have a chance of catching. It also me feel like if you lived in a place like this you would have such an unhappy life.

6. MorganMountford says:

this picture really shoes what sad area and what could happen to a child in this area I am also really enjoying the book so far it brings up a lot of tension.

7. tyla says:

Its life changing for the boy and sad
    because he probably had fun with 2legs.
    And its a great example of the book we are reading.