Mr Curtis Class Blog

Sharing Our Learning Adventure @ Castel Primary School

20 May

Mr Gallienne and Mrs Le Cras

Last Tuesday and today, we have had two special visitors. They we Mr Fred Gallienne and Mrs Margaret Le Cras. They both lived in Guernsey during the Occupation.

They talked to the whole of Year 6 about their memories during the Occupation, some funny stories about school life, the food they ate and other similar information. It was fascinating to hear from people who actually lived here during that difficult time.

Leave a comment here to say what your favourite story was, something interesting you learnt or any other details you can remember.

Occupation

7 Responses to “Mr Gallienne and Mrs Le Cras”

1. Maddie says:

Dear Mr. Curtis.

Seeing all of those Germans in town looks so scary. I don’t think I would have liked to be there at that time. (Guernsey,town).

2. Joshua says:

Hi Mr Curtis

My best story was when Mr Galliane said we played he played football with bombs on the top goal post
    the ball whent over the bar but his boot whent into the goal.

3. Millie says:

Hi mr Curtis
    Here is a story about mr Galienne when he was a boy during the war !
    One day his mother asked him to take a t-shirt up to the post office for someone that his mother knows .Any way the Germans made every one ride on the right side of the road .
    So off went Mr Galienne riding his bike ,with a bag on the handle with the t-shirt in it ,.then he felt confident so he was cheeky and he went on the left side of the road .
    as he was coming up the road a German soldier was coming down the road when suddenly …….CRASH !!!
    The German soldier infaflated his types,threw his bike over with his bag that was my favorite story
    From Millie

4. Millie says:

Hi mr Curtis
    From Millie

5. Jules says:

Hi Mr Curtis

My favourite story was when Mr Gallienne crashed into the Nazi officer whilst riding his bike on the wrong side of the road.

I learnt that the Nazis told people to move out of their house so they could live in it.

From Jules

6. Nathan says:

Dear Mr Curtis

Today I learned that some of the Germans went to England and they got put in prison for 3 or 4 years. My favourite story was from Mrs Le Cras and that she stayed up after the curfew with her friends and in the morning went to there work

From Nathan

7. James R says:

I. lift a belt wen mr. Galin falloff his bic
    And when mes Le. Cras sed abelt maxing mod pies.